Previous Posts

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Mawage






I'm getting married in a little over three months. August 20, 2011 in the Salt Lake Temple.

I'm SO excited.

Currently, I'm visiting my fiance in Washington. We found a pretty swell apartment in a city near Seattle. EVERYTHING is green. I absolutely love it. It's easy to lose track of where you are when you're driving on a highway or freeway because of the huge amount of foliage that encompasses both sides of the road. It's gorgeous.

Some times the idea of marriage is so weird to me. Pretty soon, I'll be making decisions with another person like agreeing on what kind of soap to buy, how to correctly squeeze the toothpaste, and to clean or not to clean with sponges. Now, such trivial questions must be answered with two parties, in stead of just me.

Minus the trivial disagreements, there are serious big decisions that are made with two brains now. The cliche "Two heads are better than one" comes to mind.

It kind of blows my mind some times.

Even though marriage is a risk, I believe it's going to be worth it. I've been down this road before, when I was younger, with the same guy. I tripped all over the place before I figured out my life. I made mistakes, I had fun, I grew up, I got more experience in life, and now I know what I want and what is right for me, and I'm really happy with the decisions I've made. Although, it means I'll be leaving a lot behind, I know this guy is worth it :)

He's been my rock for a little over 2 years. He's stuck around for my crazy moments, as well as my beautiful ones. I'm thankful and blessed to have him.

Figuring out where I'm going to school, on the other hand, is a whole other obstacle. It's been discouraging, but I will get my butt in the door of some school around here one way or another!

Change is hard. But good. Bring it on, world!

2 comments:

  1. Awww, Rosalie, this just showers my heart. I am really excited for you to be married and get to experience the whole Two-Minds-Making-The-Decisions-Instead-Of-One life. It is funny at times, and then it is just amazing to see how differently people do certain tasks. It is definitely a wonderful learning experience.

    ReplyDelete