Previous Posts

Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Christmas

This Christmas rocked. It was probably the best Christmas I've ever had.

Being away from family sucked a little. I was getting pretty homesick thinking about the fun that my family members would be having without me. But it turned out to be pretty fantastic here in our little corner of Washington.

The week of Christmas started out with a call from some one in our ward asking us to help clean a house recently purchased by a needy family. The place was pretty much a dump. It was kind of gross. We scrubbed the walls and kitchen cabinets. You wouldn't believe the amount of grime... bleh. But it was awesome to help. I had so much fun.

I have also been doing a ton of crafts for Christmas gifts. Pinterest has been rather addicting and I have discovered a new side of me. Perhaps the more Mormon side of me...if you will :)


I made this:



And these (stained the paper and all):



Also this (I made 2 for my nieces):



Plus, I made some cute jewelry for my sister and friends.

Now I want a sewing machine. I do not know how to sew...but I'd like to. Never thought I would want that.

Oh and I've been cooking up a storm. We had an awesome Christmas dinner that I did all by myself. I'm quite proud of my domesticated side.

One last funny tid bit...

I decided to do the 12 Days of Christmas for a family that lives in our apartment complex. Christmas Eve came around and Jason and I were getting ready to deliever the last present (doorbell ditch style of course). Long story short-- it turns out her address was incorrect in the ward list and we ended up giving the gifts to the WRONG family! SO funny. She lives one floor up. Kind of hilarious. I hope we were able to do some good anyway.

So even though I was far apart from my family and friends for the holidays, I got to help others in a way I've never experienced before. I was able to see the bigger picture.

And it definitely helps that my husband got me a digital piano (Yamaha!) for Christmas.

OH....and today, we placed an offer on a house. That's pretty exciting.
And I may have a solution to finishing my Bachelor's Degree. Which makes me INCREDIBLY happy.

It's a good life :)

No comments:

Post a Comment