Previous Posts

Saturday, May 12, 2012

New Me

It's been forever since I've blogged anything. I keep telling myself that I need to write in my journal, but I never do. So in stead, I decided to blog. When Jay and I got married, I told myself and all my friends and family that I would not be the kind of person who gained a bunch of weight simply because I got married. I've known many people who have done so and I never wanted to become that way. Well. Guess what? I did. I gained 12-ish pounds. I don't look a whole lot different, but I can FEEL it. I've even asked my family members and friends if they've noticed a difference and all of them have said no. I'm hoping they were completely honest. I have never truly stuck to a regular exercise routine. I usually work out pretty hard for about 1-2 weeks, quit for a while, and pick it up again a few weeks later. I have pretty much always eaten what I want: lots of carbs. Breads, cookies, sweets. I finally got so fed up with my body and my bad habits that I really made a change. For the past three weeks I have been doing my Insanity workout, never once missing a day(except for Sundays). I get up early, I do my workout, I have a protein shake, I shower, go to school. I've started eating right. Five meals a day, each 300 calories or less, give or take. It has been hard. Probably one of the hardest things I've ever had to do. I kind of feel like an adict. Not that I would know what that feels like and I'm not going to pretend to, but I did/do have an attachment to food and very little self control. I have lost 5 pounds and I'm going to keep at it! I want this weight OFF. I'd like to love my body--I don't think I every truly have. Also, I am officially enrolled in college again and we just found out that we qualify for a Pell Grant. I am incredibly grateful for that. I firmly believe that we are being blessed because we pay tithing at our church. I am happy, I am making myself the person I want to be. I have a purpose. I feel so blessed and complete these days. Plus I have an adorable puppy. He brightens my life too:)
I'll keep posting about my progress as I go. And other things of course.

No comments:

Post a Comment