Previous Posts

Monday, July 4, 2011

Road trippin'

So, driving scares me.

I hate it. Ever since I was run off the road by a semi truck back in October, I've had pretty bad anxiety when I drive long distances.

I recently drove by myself to and from Seattle to see Jason. The rush of adrenaline I got every single time I passed a semi drained my energy. It's like my mind makes me see something that's not really there. I see the truck move into my lane next to me, but I know that it's not really happening. My whole body freaks out and I get ready to slam into the big truck or whatever happens to be in the median. Freaking scary.

I'm not really sure how to get rid of these feelings, other than to keep driving and try to ignore them.

Right?

1 comment:

  1. :(

    i'm the same way ever since my accident when my car got totaled. i'm excessively nervous when i'm driving, and i always think i'm gonna get tboned again. i guess it's kinda making me a safer driver in a way...but still. sucks.

    ReplyDelete